The Innovative KYRA COMFORT™ 500 Stirrup for Today’s Modern OR™
- MORE PRESSURE REDUCING PADDING TO ACCOMMODATE LARGER LEGS OF TODAY’S PATIENTS: Kyra Medical’s unique stirrup design allows ½” more padding for pressure relief than traditional stirrups. Unlike traditional boot pads, Kyra’s pad protects the medial and lateral aspect of the ankle.
- ELIMINATES DANGEROUS PINCH HAZARDS: KYRA Comfort Stirrup’s curved support rods1 eliminate dangerous pinch hazards that traditional stirrups present but without the use of hard to clean guards2 . The unique “blade design” also eliminates potential pinch hazards present when mounting traditional stirrups onto table rails.
- BETTER INFECTION CONTROL:
Optional Kyra SECURE-LOK™ Closure Straps eliminate VELCRO® brand fastener straps and are designed to improve infection control. See our Infection Control video that compares the Kyra SECURE-LOK™ closure straps to the traditional VELCRO® brand fastener straps.
- ACCOMMODATES DIFFERING MORPHOLOGIES, AND SIZES, OF TODAY’S PATIENTS:
The Kyra DURAFLEX™ Stirrup Boot design uses anthropometric data that safely accommodates the larger patient seen in today’s OR. The flexible boot cradles larger legs than traditional stirrups.4 The unique foot section allows extreme inversion/eversion of the foot and eliminates the potential of contact with hard boot boxes present on traditional stirrups.
- NO MORE LOST CLAMPS MAKES LIFE EASIER IN TODAY’S MODERN OR:
Easy to mount, easy to release, the integrated Kyra SECURE-RELEASE™ Clamp reduces costs and makes life less hectic for the OR staff. If the clamp is damaged it can be easily replaced or removed between cases allowing uninterrupted use of the stirrup.
- MAKES PREPPING EASIER:
The KYRA Comfort Stirrups medial-to-lateral foot/ankle closure system moves bothersome straps to the lateral side reducing potential interference with pre-operative prepping.
- MORE SPACE IN OPERATIVE FIELD:
Curved support rods allow more room to access operative space while in high lithotomy position than traditional stirrups.
- NO NEED FOR SPECIALIZED ROBOTIC STIRRUPS:
One stirrup now suffices for all procedures. Kyra Comfort Stirrup’s unique design1 can be set in any lithotomy position from -55˚ to +85˚ (140˚ range of motion) covering wider ranges of motion for both traditional and robotic procedures. Specialized “robotic stirrups” are limited to a -55˚ to +60˚ (115˚) lithotomy range of motion while tradition stirrups have ranges limited to -35˚ to +85˚(110˚).
Patient Weight Capacity: 500 lbs (227 kg)
Lithotomy Range: +85° to –55°
Abduction Range: +25° to –9°
KYRA Comfort Stirrup Sell-sheet
VELCRO® is a registered trademark of VELCRO BVBA  Patents pending in the United States Trademark and Patent Office.  The unique design of the boot accommodates legs with 4 inches more circumference than traditional 500 lb. patient weighted stirrups while providing 1/2“more pressure reducing cushioning. The outer dimensions are equal to that of the market leader while the inner dimension are a full 2” larger. The market leading stirrup boot is the same size for both 350 lb. and 500 lb. patient weight rated stirrup. Data on file.  … “severe and permanent injuries” were sustained “…reported in the FDA”s Maude Data Base from a pinch hazard present with the market leading stirrup. Maude Data Base report number 1221538-2009-00003. Web page: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfMAUDE/detail.cfm?mdrfoi__id=1359116&pc=EYD ; accessed 2016.