BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Jesse Drake is Chief Operating Officer of Kyra Medical, Inc. Prior to joining Kyra, Jesse consulted with numerous medical device startups providing product development assistance, regulatory/quality advice, and help with marketing launches. Jesse holds over twenty-five patents in the surgical patient positioning market and served as R&D Director for both Allen Medical and Alimed.
Jesse has successfully developed quality management systems from the ground up and has brought over one hundred new products to market in his career. Jesse hold Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering & Biology from Northeastern University, studied Neurobiology at Oxford University and is pursuing his MBA at Boston University.
Howard Miller is President & CEO of Kyra Medical, Inc. Prior to joining Kyra, Howard held the role of President of Teleflex Cardiac Care where he grew significantly both revenue and operating income. Howard also held roles with Hill-Rom as General Manager for the Patient Environment Division and Allen Medical Systems, and, as Vice President, Sales for the Home Therapy Division.
Howard began his career with Johnson & Johnson where he held numerous sales, marketing and operational roles of increasing responsibility in the medical device sector. Howard holds a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from Auburn University.
Erik Tuveson has been actively involved in Hillenbrand Capital Partners (HCP) for the past fifteen years. Erik’s responsibilities have included overseeing the investment, banking, legal, risk management, estate and tax planning affairs of retired Hillenbrand Industries CEO, Gus Hillenbrand and his family.
Prior to forming HCP, Erik held roles in Strategic Planning and Business Development at Hillenbrand Industries and its subsidiary company, Hill-Rom (NYSE: HRC). Erik earned his MBA from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business. He earned a MA in American History from the University of New Hampshire and a BA in History from Colgate University.
Managing Director, CFI
Board of Advisors, Aero Industries
BS Accountancy, University of Illinois
CPA, State of Illinois (inactive)
Certified Licensing Professional (inactive)
- 30+ years as CEO/CFO/VP Corporate Development, most recently Chairman of the Board of S&S Cycles, Inc.
- led numerous private equity funded companies to successful exits
- expert in funding and financing companies and achieving outstanding financial performance
- extensive Wall Street and private equity network
- experience as board member/outside director providing advice on capital structure, governance, corporate development and strategy
- successful experience in both acquisitions and divestment of operating divisions for Fortune 1000 companies
- Board member – Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation
Joseph Gauta, URO/GYN
Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Tulane
MD, Medicine, Albany College of Medicine
BA, Biology, Siena College
- founder of the Florida Bladder Institute
- Entrepreneur & Founder of Frontier Medical
- mentor Preceptor: Boston Scientific, Medtronic and Olympus ACMI
- rated in the top 1% of all physicians in patient satisfaction by Press Ganey Survey
- Vitals.com recipient of the top 5% Patients’ Choice Award.
Gary Paul Magnant
CEO, Tribiotica, LLC
CEO, Triple Sharp Venture Engineering, LLC
BS Biology, University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth
MS Microbiology, Montana State University
- 30 years of successful startup experience
- founder of numerous startup ventures with successful exits
- founder of Triple Sharp Venture Engineering, LLC, a venture engineering fund that employs a process oriented approach to capitalizing and structuring startup ventures
- holder of numerous patents covering pharmaceuticals, instrumentation and advanced materials